Pages

The author of this blog!

The author of this blog!

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Life and Expectations!!


It is one of those moments for me....where I feel a funny feel and I don’t know why I feel the way I do!!? It suddenly seems like am looking at life from a 3rd person's perspective - where nothing seems to affect me but nevertheless, I am happy and content with all that life is offering at this moment :)
It so happened that I have been playing the role of "agony aunt" to a couple of my very dear friends and somehow coming up with innovative, cheerful, sensible answers to their 'why-me' questions. And it struck me that (this may not be a revelation to many) that most of our problems are primarily due to : High Expectation. For some reasons, the heart is never satisfied with what it gets......there is an unquenchable desire for more......it is this desire that leads to unhappiness.


Why is it so difficult to do your best and then let-go? Why can’t one just love all that one does unconditionally....Imagine having "minimum expectations" from all those around you.....half of the world's problems would have been resolved.

Though I really wish to be fair here - I do know that it is not easy. And I also admit that it is easier said than done. But it is POSSIBLE – that’s the magic word. If we continue living our lives to the fullest enjoying every moment, not thinking whether it will last, and what if it doesn't etc.....just LIVE!!! It is simple.....Acts of kindness I would call it. Just be kind to the world, and the goodness will return to you :) And, yes, don’t expect much - then you will be super happy with whatever life offers you!!

I call this 'Minimum Expectations Theory'. It works for me! And I would rate this higher than Stephen Robbins any day (that fat, huge OB book)!!. I wonder if my O.B Prof would agree :P

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Post! :) I can totally relate to every bit of this post! I think the most
    difficult thing for us to accept people the way they are and come to terms with situations
    as they come our way. e

    Often we put in all that we have to make something happen, but when it goes the other way,
    we get cynical! Understandable as our mind is conditioned towards a particular thing and
    change is something we would have never imagined!

    Totally agree with you on the part of living life without expectations. We sure do a knack

    of becoming unahppy through expectations.
    As rightly mentioned by Dale Carnegie - It isn't what you have or who you are or where you are or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about!


    Life may not always be fair but learning to accept the downs graciously and appreciate
    whole heartedly what it provides you, sure does make one's life more happy and lived!

    Keep posting! :)
    Gayatri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey thanks for writing gayatri :)

    Am glad you could relate to this one.....
    and yes about accepting the down graciously is not easy to do but i am sure it is possible.
    Time thay say heals all wounds....

    Tk care gal....and keep visiting :)

    ReplyDelete