Pages

The author of this blog!

The author of this blog!

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Technology & Connectivity: related??!!


I don’t know what to write, er.....I mean type. Thank god for technology. I should send a personalised letter to the person who invented Science, or rather who invented Computers, or maybe just thank Microsoft for Vista- not by letter, by mail. And that is the point!! I really need to thank these genius brains because initially I had to write long stories in a notebook, keep it away from the peering eyes of my brother and also tear some pages if they do not make sense after a few years, which I must admit was a difficult task. And today? Well, thanks B Gates. Now all I need to do is type what I want in my laptop and then save it. Control S is a superb function. And to protect it from unwanted elements, all I need to do is keep a password. So there my baby is all saved and protected and nobody but I, can have access to it. And if I really don’t want to keep it with myself, I just need to click on the Delete button. Life at our fingertips!! Can it get easier than this?

We are so dependent on technology today that it has become very difficult to imagine life without it. How on earth can we survive without emails, gmails, google, blogspot, youtube, Linkedin, Yahoo?? Not to mention our very own networking sites such as Facebook and Orkut. Need I even say anything on all the computer games people are addicted to? On the bright side, we stay connected with our loved ones all thanks to these facilities. But talking about connections, how connected are we with ourselves?? Isn’t there something deep within each one of us, our inner voice with whom we seem to have no connection?? How can we connect with ourselves, when 24 hours seems so little a time to do all that we have always wanted to?

Our days run by like haze, but what is it that we actually do? When was the last time we asked ourselves whether we are truly happy? After all, being busy does not necessarily qualify as being happy and content with our lives. At some level, each one of us are in pursuit of just one thing –happiness (just like the name of the movie). However, isn’t it true that we pursue so many things that we find everything but what we need to!!

I don’t have any brilliant suggestions either, after all I too am a part of this rat-race. A race where you are yet to see the finishing line.........

5 comments:

  1. Hi babes,

    Am toally able to connect to you! You know something one really need to rethink on his priorities.. One has got all the comfort in the world of connecting to one's friend but at the cost of time of self development and mebbe some quality time for oneself! Priorities needs to be rearranged and technology needs to be used for the purpose of self development!

    Pursuit of HappYness is neither in participating or winning the rat race its in the fact that you aren't a part of it!

    Love the way you write!

    Bravo!!

    BIG OMi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Omi!!
    Thanks for writing in. yes, I think our generation is too much into everything except themselves!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey arati.. nice work.....liked the caveat on Happyness...Maybe we as a generation have become more accustomed to let the external environment govern our lives too much....and technology although playing a major part it's just the symptom...imagine if we chose not to have a cellphone...our own friends would look like we came through a time machine :-P...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for writing in Carl!! lolz.....and thats an interesting viewpoint you have :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes the good old days of writing snail mails are over.
    Like that accompanying illustration.

    ReplyDelete