Pages

The author of this blog!

The author of this blog!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

It is never easy!


Once a little girl sat by the sea side,
Tossing the sea shells to where they belong,
Hot, angry tears streaming down her face
Her mind wandering, never wishing to be found again. 

She spoke to the waves,
She spoke to the clouds,
She uttered words of frustration clutching the sand;
She spoke through her tears,
She spoke through her eyes,
Her tears illuminating the setting sun
Leaving a parallel world behind.

And then she heard a voice soft
Caressing her soul, the voice spoke -

“I never told you it will be easy my child,
All I said was I shall try;
Never did I promise you the moon
This is how you learn the journey of life
Smile a bright smile and welcome the dawn
For your heart knows things you would never know”
Smiling, her legs began a walk,
Wondering where her heart will beckon her now………..

6 comments:

  1. the image of that girl comes to the mind on reading this beautiful poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!! I had no idea you had a blog.
    really good stuff..
    I am staying tuned in henceforth.

    P.S: I am making a conscious effort to avoid the smileys...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank u! : *takes a bow* :) well, smileys are not all that bad u know! tkcr and keep visiting.

    ReplyDelete